Aurora Trails Features
OPUS HOMES takes great effort is designing architecturally diverse homes for our clients. It is our vision to build homes that are as unique as our clientele, and done so within a high degree of pride. We are confident that the more astute clientele will truly appreciate the effort we have placed in these fine details.
Exterior & Structural Design Features
- Front Facades are a combination of stone, stucco and brick, with precast or stone accents at entry point, and masonry detailing around windows as per plan/elevation. Colour, style, materials and elevations are pre-selected and Architecturally Controlled, to achieve a variety within the streetscape.
- Prominent 8’ Insulated Front Entry Door with upgraded brushed nickel grip set and deadbolt.
- 2”X 6” exterior framed walls.
- Advanced floor joist system utilizing “Engineered Floor Joist Technology”.
- Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane to walls.
- Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed) excluding concrete block walls.
- Insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits.
- The home will be insulated in accordance with the current Ontario Building Code specifications including expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings (when finished areas above) and around all windows.
- All homes feature 9’ Ceilings on the first and second floor. Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- Convenient Cold Cellars with vent chamber and interior light, as per plan.
- Covered porches & porticos enhancing selective elevations.
- Durable, maintenance free, pre-finished aluminum or vinyl soffits, fascia, eavestrough, downpipes and siding – all colour coordinated.
- Colour coordinated self sealing Limited Lifetime asphalt shingles. Accenting metal roof details, as per plan.
- Maintenance free exterior railings for both porch (where required by building code) and decorative applications.
- Energy Star Rated white vinyl thermo pane (with low ‘E’ argon gas filled) casement windows throughout, featuring mullions (to front elevations), complete with screens. All door systems include weather stripping.
- Vinyl horizontal basement windows, 30” x 16” (minimum).
- Tasteful Precast Municipal Address Plaques.
- Fully sodded lot complete with upgraded patio slab design to front and rear elevation.
- Two coat asphalt paved driveway, base and top coat.
OPUS - GO-GREEN INITIATIVE
- All Opus Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor contaminants.
- Electronic Thermostat - in order to better regulate temperature distribution over non-peak time.
- Low flow toilet system featured throughout all baths – enhances water conservation.
- Low flow lavatory faucets in all baths.
- MDF Trim – made from a renewable resource vs. finger jointed pine.
- Upgraded Energy Star Qualified Ceiling Fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, side halls, foyer, kitchen, dinette and family room. Living Room is to receive a switched receptacle, dining rooms to receive a contemporary chandelier, bathrooms to receive a light fixture over the vanity and ceiling fixture (excluding powder room).
- Sealed basement ducts – this practice significantly reduces heat loss at duct joints.
- Moen Eco-Performance Showerheads.
- Solar Panel Ready with conduit from basement to attic.
- All paint to be used is Low VOC Paints.
- Rain Barrel will be provided for rainwater harvesting.
- Engineered Hardwoods selected from sustainable forests.
- Broadloom supplied through ENVIRO-SELECT line, produced using completely recycled materials and within an optimized manufacturing facility.
- Steel insulated Carriage Style roll-up garage door, with an equivalent R9 Value, complete with complimenting glass panels - aiding in the reduction of lumber usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within the garage area.
- In order to conserve lumber, OPUS has opted not to provide wood decking. Should a client desire to have said deck, an appropriately sized design shall be submitted to the municipality for permit, please see Sales Consultant for details.
- Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and doors – for draft prevention.
- Recycled aggregate materials for driveway base.
- Waste Management Program, including source separation – lumber and drywall recycling.
- Recycling site temporary stairs and railings used throughout construction process.
Kitchen, Baths & Laundry Details
- Extended kitchen upper cabinets throughout all designs.
- Quality designed Maple cabinetry with standard granite countertops in kitchen and laminate countertops in all bathrooms.
- Durable Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink with “MOEN” single lever faucet.
- Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of dish-washer space in basement).
- Granite Countertops in Kitchen to be selected from builder’s standard selections.
- Moen faucets are featured through-out.
- Glass Shower Enclosures on showers in Master Ensuite, as per plan.
- All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive “mould resistant bathroom drywall board”.
- Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. Powder room to receive an oval beveled mirror. All bathroom vanities to have top drawers where sizing permits. Master ensuite vanities shall receive a bank of drawers where size permits.
- Double Sinks in all Master Ensuite where space permits.
- Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel bars, and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
- Pedestal sink for powder room.
- OPUS Homes features the refined appointment of a Stand Alone Soaker Tub within all ensuite baths, where plan permits.
- A wide assortment of ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, dinette, all bathrooms, and finished laundry rooms, from Builder’s standard samples in varying sizes of 12” x 12” or 13” x 13”.
- Ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Glass shower stalls to receive tiles on floor and walls, excluding ceiling. Enclosed shower stalls are completely tiled includin ceiling.
- Homes include 2-1/4” x 3/4” Stained Hardwood Flooring throughout main floor, excluding tiled areas.
- Luxurious 40 oz broadloom with ½” chipfoam underpad throughout second floor. (Carpet selections are subject to colour restrictions).
Interior Design Features
- Direct-Vent gas fireplace with Tuscan Inspired Limestone mantel.
- Smooth Ceilings on main floor (detached homes only).
- Spray textured stippled ceilings with 4” smooth border throughout entire home (excluding kitchen, baths and finished laundry room areas).
- 10’ Tray Smooth Ceilings in all Master Bedrooms, unless Architectural Control specifies otherwise.
- Where applicable, interior column profile shall be square. All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail.
- 4 ¼” Colonial baseboard with 2 ¾” casing throughout the main floor and the second floor. Choice of interior door profile provided to client.
- Upgraded Lever-type Brushed Nickel Hardware and hinges throughout all interior doors.
- All arches (on main floor) and low walls are trimmed and painted.
- All homes to receive a natural varnished oak staircase, complete with oak strip hardwood on landings.
- Stairs to be finished with a 2 1/2” handrail and 1 5/16” square chamford pickets or single plain black metal pickets, complete with 3 1/2” x 3 1/2” post, as per plan. All upper hallways to receive oak nosings complete with oak stringers (side of staircase).
- Thoughtful storage considerations with well appointed Linen and Mud room closets, as per plan. White wire shelving installed in all closets (ideal for expanding shelving).
- All interior trim and doors are painted classic white. The interior walls to be painted one colour from builder’s standard paint colours.
- Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and furnace/duct system.
- Contemporary upgraded lighting package throughout home.
- All Opus Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
- Forced air Hi-Efficiency gas furnace (location may vary from plan, and shall be moved to optimize performance at Vendors discretion).
- Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise erosion and eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
- Ductwork is sized to allow for future central air conditioning.
- Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
- Stainless Steel hood fan over stove, vented (6”) to the exterior.
- Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side) and one in garage.
- Two exterior weather proof electrical outlets, one at front porch and one at rear of home.
- Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections complete with optional white extended upper cabinets. Where second floor laundry rooms apply, OPUS Homes shall build washer/dryer curb application, complete with a resistant underlay membrane with drain to help prevent any potential water damage from malfunctioning washers.
- Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete with shut off valves.
- All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
- All sink basins to include separate shut-off valves.
- 3 piece rough-in bathroom in basement (location predetermined and may vary from brochure).
- Black exterior coach lights on front and rear elevations.
- 100 amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
- Weatherproof exterior electrical outlets, one at rear of home and one at the front porch.
- 220 volt Heavy-duty receptacle for stove and dryer.
- Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
- Hard wired smoke detectors on all floors, including lower level, and one carbon monoxide detector.
- White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
- Ceiling mounted light within tiled ensuite shower enclosure (not applicable to glass enclosures).
- Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in the basement, complete with dedicated plug.
- Convenient garage door opener receptacle(s).
- The added feature of a holiday receptacle for front porch and second level soffits.
- Single switch operating all basement lighting.
Home Automation/Tech Packages
- Rogers Client Technology Package, including 6 months telecom services, including high speed internet, cable, and home phone, a $1,650 client savings.
- State of the art integrated smart home structured wiring terminating in the “Family Room”. Allowing future capabilities such as home-office applications, computer local area networks, high speed internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/video distribution systems and so much more. Including 1 CAT 5, 1 CAT 3 & 2 RG6 lines.
- Master bedroom and Family room are pre-wired for cable TV, and the home is pre-wired for telephone at 2 locations, family room and kitchen with finishing plates.
- OPUS HOMES shall provide a personally scheduled appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to explain and co-ordinate any additional requirements you may desire.
OPUS HOMES is dedicated to delivering a home free of deficiencies. We shall achieve this through the efforts our capable and diligent personnel and thorough our stringent quality assurance practices.
- 7 years for major structural defects
- 2 years for plumbing, heating, and electrical systems and building envelope
- 1 year for all other items in accordance with Tarion Guidelines