Glen Ridge Features & Finishes
EXTERIOR & STRUCTURAL DESIGN FEATURES
1. Front facades are a combination of stone, stucco and brick, with precast or stone accents at entry points, and masonry detailing around windows as per plan/elevation. Colour, style, materials and elevations are pre-selected and architecturally controlled, to achieve a variety within the streetscape. Depicted colours on all elevations shown in the brochure are artist’s concept only and may vary from actual colours and materials installed.
2. Prominent 8’ insulated front entry door with upgraded brushed nickel grip set and deadbolt.
3. 2" x 6" exterior framed walls.
4. Advanced floor joist system utilizing “Engineered Floor Joist Technology”.
5. Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane to walls.
6. Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed) excluding concrete block walls
7. Insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, only ifgrading permits.
8. The home will be insulated in accordance with the current Ontario Building Code specifications including expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings (when finished areas above) and around all windows.
9. All homes feature 10’ ceilings on the main floor, 9’ ceilings on the second floor and 9’ ceilings in basement. Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
10. Convenient cold cellars with vent chamber and interior light, as per plan.
11. Covered porches & porticos enhancing select elevations.
12. Durable, maintenance free, pre-finished aluminum or vinyl soffits, fascia, collector boxes on front elevations, downpipes and siding – all colour coordinated.
13. Colour coordinated self sealing Limited Lifetime asphalt shingles. Accenting metal roof details,as per plan.
14. Metal exterior railings for both porch (where required by building code) and decorative applications.
15. Energy Star Rated colour coordinated vinyl thermo pane (with low ‘E’ argon gas filled) casement windows throughout, featuring mullions (to front elevations), complete with screens. All door systems include weather stripping.
16. Vinyl horizontal 30” x 24” basement windows (minimum size).
17. Tasteful Precast Municipal Address Plaques.
18. Fully sodded lot complete with upgraded patio slab design to front and rear elevation.
19. Two coat asphalt paved driveway, base and top coat. The basecoat paving is included at no extra cost, however the top coat
paving (installed one year after the base) will be charged on closing in the amount of $875 for singles, plus HST.
20. Metal Insulated Double Garage Doors with glass inserts, as per plan.
1. All homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing contaminants.
2. Electronic Thermostat - in order to better regulate temperature distribution over non-peak times.
3. Low flow toilet system featured throughout all baths – enhances water conservation.
4. Moen low flow lavatory faucets in all baths including their Eco-Performance showerheadsin all showers.
5. MDF Trim – made from a renewable resource vs. finger jointed pine.
6. Upgraded Energy Star Qualified ceiling fixtures in all bedrooms, hallways, side halls, foyer, kitchen, dinette, dining room and family room. Living Room is to receive a switched receptacle, bathrooms to receive a light fixture over the vanity and ceiling fixture (excluding powder room).
7. Sealed duct work throughout – this practice significantly reduces heat loss at duct joints.
8. The application of Low VOC paints throughout the home.
9. Engineered Hardwoods selected from sustainable forests.
10. Broadloom supplied through an environmentally conscious manufacturer, produced using recycled materials and within an optimized manufacturing facility.
11. Steel insulated garage door - aiding in the reduction of lumber usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within the garage area.
12. In order to conserve lumber, NO wood decks will be provided. Should a client desire to have a deck installed, an appropriately sized design will be submitted to the municipality for permit, please see Sales Consultant for details.
13. Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and doors – for draft prevention.
14. Recycled aggregate materials for driveway base.
15. Waste Management Program, including source separation – lumber and drywall recycling.
16. The recycling of site temporary stairs and railings is used throughout the construction process.
KITCHEN, BATHS & LAUNDRY DETAILS
1. Extended kitchen upper cabinets throughout all designs.
2. Quality designed 5th Upgrade Maple & MDF cabinetry in Kitchen and Bathrooms.
3. Each kitchen to receive: 1 set of deep fridge upper cabinets, 1 set of pot and pan drawers, light shield and crown moulding above upper cabinets, standalone range, built-in microwave into base cabinets and chimney stack stainless steel hood fan (accessories to be placed at Décor appointment).
4. Provisional rough-in for dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of dish-washer spacein basement).
5. Granite countertops in Kitchen, from builder’s standard samples, complete with 1.” bullnose.
6. Stainless steel undermount kitchen sink with Moen single lever pull-out faucet.
7. All bathroom vanities to have bank of drawers where sizing permits.
8. Granite countertops in all bathrooms, from builder’s stranded samples, complete with .” bullnose and oval undermount sink.
9. Double Sinks in all Master Ensuite where space permits.
10. Moen faucets are featured through-out all bathrooms and in kitchen.
11. Frameless glass shower enclosures with chrome knob in Master Ensuite, as per plan.
12. Stand Alone Soaker Tub in all Master Ensuite.
13. All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive “mould resistant bathroom drywall board”
14. Beveled mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. Powder room to receive an oval beveled mirror.
15. Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel bars, and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
16. Pedestal sink for powder room.
17. Laundry rooms to be equipped with stainless steel sink and 30” high upper cabinets.
1. A wide assortment of ceramic and porcelain tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, breakfast area, all bathrooms, and finished laundry rooms from 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier samples.
2. Ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Glass shower stalls to receive tiles on floor and walls, excluding ceiling.
3. Homes include 3” x 3/4” stained engineered hardwood throughout main floor, upper hall and master bedroom.
4. Luxurious berber carpet with .” chipfoam underpad in all bedrooms (excluding Master Bedroom).
INTERIOR DESIGN FEATURES
1. Direct-vent 36” gas fireplace with Mediterranean Stonecast mantel.
2. Smooth ceilings throughout home.
3. Tray Smooth Ceilings in all Master Bedrooms, unless Architectural Control specifies otherwise.
4. Where applicable, interior column profile to be square. All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail.
5. 7” Traditional baseboard with 3” casing throughout the main floor and the second floor.
6. 8’ interior doors on main floor and 7’ interior doors on second floor. Door profile to be two panel square.
7. Upgraded lever type brushed nickel hardware and hinges throughout all interior doors.
8. All arches (on main floor) and low walls are trimmed and painted.
9. All homes to receive a stained oak staircase for both main staircases and open to below secondary staircases (where applicable per plan), complete with oak strip hardwood on landings.
10. All main staircases and open to below secondary stairs (where applicable per plan) to be finished with a 3” handrail and selection of 1st upgrade wood or wrought iron picket complete with 3 1/2” x 3 1/2” post, as per plan. All upper hallways to receive oak nosings complete with oak stringers (side of staircase). Stairs to have oak veneer stringers and risers.
11. Thoughtful storage considerations in all closets.
12. Window bench to be finished with a painted MDF cap.
13. All interior trim and doors are painted white. The interior walls to be painted one colour from Builder’s standard paint colours.
14. Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and furnace/duct cleaning.
1. All homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
2. Forced air Hi-Efficiency gas furnace (location may vary from plan, and may be moved to optimize performance at Builder’s discretion).
3. Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise erosion.
4. Air Conditioner to be installed (Sized to model).
5. Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
6. Stainless Steel chimney stack hood fan over stove, vented with a 6” duct to the exterior.
7. Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side) and one in garage.
8. Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete with shut off valves.
9. All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
10. All sink basins to include separate shut-off valves.
11. 3 piece rough-in bathroom in basement (location predetermined and may vary from brochure.
1. Upgraded lighting package throughout home.
2. Black exterior coach lights on front and rear elevations.
3. 200 amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
4. Weatherproof exterior electrical outlets, one at rear of home and one at the front porch.
5. 220-volt Heavy-duty receptacle for stove and dryer.
6. Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
7. Hard wired smoke detectors on all floors, including all bedrooms and finished basement areas, and one carbon monoxide detector in upper hallway.
8. White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
9. Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in the basement, complete with dedicated plug.
10. Convenient garage door opener receptacle(s).
11. The added feature of a holiday receptacle for front porch and second level soffits).
12. Single switch operating all basement lighting.
HOME AUTOMATION/TECH PACKAGES
1. Rogers Client Technology Discount Package, offering a savings exclusive to all Glen Ridge Estates Clients.
2. Smart Home Structure Cabling in all Bedrooms, Family Room and Den/Computer Loft. Allowing for future capabilities such as Home Offices (Local Area Network, Phone System/Voice Over IP and Fax). Also can be utilized for Home Automation and Matrix Video Distribution. Possibilities are endless, peace of mind of having a Future Proof Home.
3. State of the art Cat6 Network cabling in all Bedrooms, Den/Computer Loft and Family room.
4. 4 Speaker rough-ins allowing for multi room audio in two rooms.
5. All Bedrooms and Family room are pre-wired for TV with RG6 Cable and the home is pre-wired for Telephone at 2 locations, Family room and Master Bedroom.
6. A personally scheduled appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to explain and co-ordinate any additional requirements you may desire.
We are dedicated to achieving minimized home deficiencies. We shall achieve this through the efforts of our diligent personnel and thorough Quality Assurance Practices.
• 7 years for major structural defects
• 2 years for plumbing, heating, and electrical systems and building envelope
• 1 year for all other items in accordance with Tarion Guidelines
Specifications, Terms & Conditions are subject to change without notice. E. & O.E. JUNE 2016